The Best Decorating Tips
1. Mount curtains high above your windows
The closer to the ceiling, the grander the room will feel.
2. Hang art pieces right at eye level
Aka 57 inches off the ground.
3. Station pretty baskets around the house
Three cheers for strategically placed clutter catchalls.
4. Style decorative objects in odd numbered groupings.
Use the “rule of three,” people.
5. Layer your light sources
Task, ambient and accent: Layers = warmth.
6. Always, always make your bed
Nothing says “I don’t care about my home” quite like a duvet cover crumpled on the floor.
7. Use rugs to separate zones
Voilà: Insta-dining room in your open-concept kitchen.
8. Think of produce as decor
Fruits and veggies in a bowl make a gorgeous centerpiece in a pinch.
9. Decant your dish and hand soap
The presentation is just light-years better looking.
Trust: It makes a world of difference.
11. Edit your countertop decor by 90%
It's the one trick to a pretty kitchen.
12. Make big statements in tiny rooms
Powder/laundry rooms + brazen wallpapers are always a good idea.